Friday, January 22, 2010

Oh, hi.

Did you know that as of a year ago, there had been 133,000,000 blogs indexed by Technorati (an Internet search engine for searching blogs) since 2002? I'd also venture to say that that number is a huge underestimate (esp. since it is from last year), considering they no longer index non-English blogs. And I would think it would be largely impossible to index every single blog in existence. I'm pretty sure if I tried to search my (admittedly brand spankin' new) blog through Technorati, I wouldn't find it.

And, did you know that, as of March 2008, 346,000,000 people read blogs? Geez o petes, that's a lot of people. And a lot of reading. (FWIW, I'm hoping for all of about 3 (maybe 5) people to read my blog. That's about 0.0000014 percent of the blog reading population... sweet! I would consider that a success.)

Anyway, when I decided (read: got coaxed by many) to start a blog, of course I had to do some research. Because that's what I do. I don't really know how to make a decision without researching it first. Sometimes this proves to be a good thing, many times it works against me. But regardless, it's me. So naturally I decided to let you benefit from my Google searching. If you're the curious type, I found those stats here.

I'm not quite sure of the true purpose of this blog yet. (Who am I kidding... it's just another procrastination tool I can devote my time to when I don't want to do schoolwork/workwork.) But, I can tell you that it will be about all aspects of my life. Mostly it will be about things that I love, but I'm sure some of the things I don't love will creep in from time to time. Regardless, here goes nothing... (or hopefully something...)

No comments:

Post a Comment